Sunday, September 12, 2010

[Fringe] TV - Season 3 Episode 3

August 11th, 2010 Wednesday
Call time @ 7am

It was my first time going on a quite well-known TV show. I got a call from my agent asking if I could go for a 7am call time the next morning on such a short notice (replacement of another background). Of course I said yes since I had no plans for the next day.

I got an email with the details but I realized there's NO information on wardrobe!! I started to panic because it was very late to call my agent to ask. I did not know what to bring so I pretty much just packed all kinds of clothes I could possibly imagine to wear for "Fringe". Since I have never seen the show and had no idea what Fringe was about, I had to google the characters' clothes style. I packed business clothes, casual, dresses, and a few winter clothes as well. I had the biggest luggage of wardrobe for the first time.

The next morning, I got up and went to set in Burnaby near Vancouver. It was a VERY cool set! It was built for Watchmen. A New York street style of set. It's got stores, streets lights, traffic lights, buildings, and fake subway  stairs. I was excited to be on set.

Then I got to the wrangler and found out that the person I was supposed to replace was there!! O.M.G I was like... SO does that mean I woke up so early and panicked all night for nothing? Of course, I explained why I was there because my agent called and said I was there to replace this girl. Apparently there was a miscommunication between the agency and that girl. Luckily the AD said I could stay! Thank god :D

------

So the WATCHMEN set was really cool. All the fake streets, traffic lights, bakery, newspaper stand, shops and even underground subway (well, only the stairs and signs, no actual underground space). I was one of the many passerby, the scene was a car accident scene. We just had to stand on the streets and looked confused and wondered about the accident. There was an actress lying on the ground as she was hit by the bus. She's got fake blood on her, looked so real as she really got hit by the bus. Too bad I can't take photos of a set like this. It would be cool if I could show how real that set was. There were policemen walking around, cyclist, newspaper stand owner and the CAST. I saw Olivia Dunham who played Anna Torv! She is pretty in person and looked pretty young too.

a sneak peek of the Watermen set!

No comments:

Post a Comment