Wednesday, April 8, 2009

[work] Pulling - Pilot Shoot

Quick enough after I had my first official background work last Thursday in Squamish, I was booked and called in for Pulling (pilot) today in Aldergrove. Good thing to start off was that my call time was at 11:30am which I thought was great if to compare with the night shoot that I had. One downside is that today was such a nice sunny day! I was stuck in this building for hours! We had lunch at 3'o clock. The lunch was great, we had ham/turkey, tofu curry, lots of salads including greek salads, ice cream, juice, and lots of other stuff. It was so much better than the one on Thursday really. After having a nice lunch, we finally got our scene around 6-7pm. My first shot was to walk across the stage (I was a patron at a cowboy bar and grill!) Then got sent back with a few others after our first walk of the day. Then waited again in the holding and saw new snacks came up! I had this mini bagel with cream cheese and some kind of honey jelly thing, oh my, it was delicious! I liked it so much so I had a few more! :) The crafty was better that last time too!

Anyhow, so after I-don't-know-how-long hours, we did our second shoot which I had to carry a cute cowboy boot looking glass filled with beer (non-alcohol) walking out from the ladies room with another lady. We walked toward 2 guys who sat at the bar, one white one black, oh the lady I was with is white too and I'm yellow, what a great combination! Ha ha! Anyway, it was fun to act without saying anything. The black guy was great! He acted like he was real talking to us about his stories and all that. I had to walk quite a few times then got sent back to holding again.

Later we were going back and forth for a couple times until we had our last scene where I just walk across the stage again and another was just to stand around the bar to make it look busy. And there DONE! Though I didn't do much at this shoot but I sure enjoyed warm indoor condition this time!

One funny note is that 2 people asked me the same question: "How old are you, Ruby?" And my response was that: "Yeah I knew it, I know I look young since most of the asians look younger than their age!" I knew it, people thought I was under 20s or probably thought I was still in high school. Ha ha! It made my day :D

I met 3 people this time, one guy has the same birthday as me! What a coincidence! Another guy I thoguht was cool because he did what I really wanted to do - driving across Canada from west coast to Toronto! He came from Toronto by car! WOW! And the lady which I find smart and friendly is engaged! Wow! What was even more surprising is that, she's 2 years younger than me! I can't imagine myself being engaged when I was 20. Must be scary for me. Anyway, that's it for my day today! I'll update my shoot that's coming up this Thursday soon!

Pictures to be up later...

No comments:

Post a Comment