Monday, April 6, 2009

[work] On The Run - Steven Seagal

So I came back from my first background work last Thursday late night, or I should say Friday morning. I was extremely cold and tired due to the fact that it was very cold in Squamish and waited for hours. I enjoyed it however. It was just that I lose my heat very easily for those who know me well enough, I just can't tolerate cold!

So the set was at Porteau Provincial Park in Squamish. I picked up another extra from Burnaby and drove all the way to Squamish. It was dark and quite a lot of people/crew/trailer trucks. I was excited but not as excited as I thought I would be. I signed in, checked with wardrobe lady and went to the holding for extras. We were there from 11:15pm till around 6am'ish. The sky was about to bright up. They finally called us in and the first shot was on the beach. The scene was like this: we, as the "illegal immigrants", just got off the boat and arrived this free land. There were 4 smugglers to pick us up. We had to pretend that "just got off the boat and walking from beach to land." It was so cold! We had to walk on the rocky beach which was extremely wet. Then we took our custome photos after about 4 shots of this scenes. Then we had another shot of reserve work at a different location on the same beach. Then we were back to holding to wait for our second scene.

The second scene was better because it was "indoor", we were in this big metal container that was supposed to be "the shipping container on the ocean." I just happened to sit beside one of the main characters in this container and acted like we were in it for weeks and waiting to arrive the free land. I just showed my real emotions there "waited for long, tired, cold, axiety" as it was just like what we were supposed to be in the scene. Ha ha! As for the the rest of this scene, I just can't really remember what it was like because I was about to pass out.

So that was it! 7 hours of my first official background work. 5.5 hours of waiting. 1.5 hours of acting. I took some pictures but most of them are dark. I might post them up after some adjustments.

OH! And NO, I did not get to see Steven Seagal. It's sad because the day of my shoot was the last day of the whole shoot! Too bad! Well I don't really know about this guy either. :P

Pictures to be up later...

No comments:

Post a Comment